*Birthday Tradition Contest WINNER* Quality Time and Value
As my nephews and nieces got older I began a birthday tradition of taking them out for lunch or dinner(age respective) and enjoying their company one on one.
We shared any number of stories, concerns, and aspirations along with a nice meal--their choice of restaurant excluding fast-food.
It was great fun for each of us because they knew the time was given with a full heart. After wards we would shop together with the dollar cap amount that they had available to spend. It was interesting to see the choices of needing and wanting at play.
I received a priceless gift with each and every excursion! The fact that some of them now have their own little ones and still mention those occasions, with "Remember when?"
always brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye...
This is a worthy winner of the birthday traditions contest. These birthday memories will last a life time, and be a welcome addition to any birthday celebration.
Here's some top tips for creating those birthday memories if you're planning to start this winning birthday tradition.
- Where you go for the birthday lunch doesn't really matter, although it's a good idea not to cheapen it with a fast food restaurant. They can choose some-where different every year, or maybe it would be fun to go to the same place over the years.
- Be a great listener, kids will talk you if you really listen. Ask but a few questions and really listen to them. Don't be tempted to offer advice, they don't want a lecture on their birthday!
- Take a photo of you both together every year, they'll make wonderful memories at the years go by, and it will be fun to see how much you've both changed.
- A collage of your birthday memory photo's in a frame or on a canvas would make a special milestone happy birthday picture
- When shopping for their birthday gift, always set a budget and keep to it. There's no need to spend a fortune, don't feel pressured into it.
- Let them choose what they want as a gift. It'll spoil the moment if they don't think you approve of what they wanted – even if you don't!