Celebrate Baby's First Birthday with my 1st Birthday Party Ideas and Tips.
Congratulations, if your looking for 1st birthday party ideas you have made it through one of the most challenging years of your life with out going insane.
The party is a celebration, of the first 12 months of your baby's life, and a triumph for the parents.
- Don't be pressured to go over the top with your 1st birthday ideas, as of course your baby won't really know what's going on and certainly won't remember it.
- Plan a kids birthday party
at a time you know he'll will be awake. If he normally has a nap in the after noon you may want to time it later or even earlier. Keep the party short, about 1.5 hours would be ample time to tire them out!
- Home is without doubt the bet place to hold your party. This is the place your baby will feel happy and familiar with.
- First birthday party ideas don't really need a theme. But you may want to colour theme the party, obvious colours being pink or blue! A teddy bear theme would be lovely too.
- Once you've chosen your venue, date and time and your
1st birthday invitations
have gone out, you need to start planning the day. The more first birthday party plans you put make before the day, the easier it will be.
- If you are going to provide food, and don't feel you have to, keep it simple, finger food will suit both small fingers and adults a like. Remember it's a party so there can be a few treats in your
kids party food ideas.
- Make sure you take a good look round your home before the party and ensure your home is baby and toddler proof. Move any ornaments and breakables, ensure safety gates are secure and keep pets out of the way.
- Relax and enjoy. Keep the party simple and plan ahead. This party is as much for you as your baby and you don't want to run around manically while your baby goes into anxiety melt down!
- Anticipate accidents and spills, they're bound to happen. Don't worry about it, keep plenty of kitchen roll handy.
- A guest book is a lovely idea for a 1st birthday party. Encourage all your guests to write a message in it for your baby. It'll make a lovely keep sake in years to come.
- A friend of mine had taken a picture of her baby every month for the first year sat in his pushchair. The photo's had all been printed out and stuck on the kitchen wall. It was wonderful to see how much he'd changed over his first year, and we had fun trying to guess how many months old he was in each picture.
- You make want to consider a photographer for this party, or at the very least take lots of pictures your self. For this reason its a nice idea to think about first birthday party decorations.
- Take a picture of your baby with each guest. You can create an album dedicated to his first birthday and fill it with great memories of the day.
- You really won't be needing any
childrens birthday party games
at this stage, and don't even bother with
fillers for party bags.
They are really not required as 1st birthday party ideas.
- What ever 1st birthday party ideas you decide to go with, relax and enjoy, you deserve it!
Treasured Moments in Time If you’re looking for a special birthday gift, a photo slideshow or a photo gift would be perfect.
Go to Great Happy Birthday Ideas Home Page from 1st Birthday Party Ideas
Go to 1st Birthday Ideas from 1st Birthday Party
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.